Monday, September 26, 2005

Some People Just Don't Get It...

FROM O'HARE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT...on a recent trip from Chicago to New York I saw something that caught my eye. Remember right after 9/11 when the newly formed TSA wouldn't allow old ladies to carry knitting needles and nail clippers into the airport? The TSA and DHS have been able to evaluate their search criteria and have streamlined the list of prohibited items, which is a plus. Cigarette lighters are forbidden but chopsticks are not. We still have to take off our shoes though (???). After I successfully made it through security--and was putting my shoes back on--I noticed a TSA employee (complete with latex gloves) going through a little travel bag inspecting each piece inside of it. The passenger, who looked annoyed, was bringing a 100-piece manicure, pedicure, hairstyling, acupuncture, surgical kit onto the airplane. The TSA employee was inspecting each piece (and I saw him look at at least 9 pairs of scissors) and putting them back into the bag. I am not sure which surprised me more--the fact that this idiot was trying to bring this kit of 100 sharp objects on the plane (enough to distribute to the entire cabin to use to overtake the plane from the crew) or that the TSA was allowing him to bring these ON the plane!!!

Maybe our security has become too lax?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home