Friday, June 16, 2006

THE 100TH POSTING ON RAILRAVINGS


THE 100TH POSTING ON RAILRAVINGS...We would like to thank all of our loyal readers and commentors through the years. We will be hosting a celebration sometime this summer to thank our loyal bloggers and bloggettes.

FROM THE NEW YORK CITY SUBWAY..."starting at fullback, number 44, NYJUSTICE"...when I was preparing to exit the train today at the Delancy/Essex Streets station to transfer for a downtown JMZ train, I noticed the woman sitting in the row of seats next to me preparing to detrain as well. I was about 10-15 feet from the train doors, but there were at least a dozen people standing in between me and the door. As the door opened and I began to move towards the door, I felt this woman's hand grabbing my shirt and pushing me into the crowd towards the open door. She was holding on to me for dear life. I was saying excuse me (should have said "excuse us") to the people in front of me (the O-Line) and they were slowly parting for me and my running back. As we inched towards the door and a stream of people were exiting in front of us I felt her again grab hold, just like a running back would grab his fullback and push through on a HB dive play. Well, we made it safely through the hole and to the endzone. However, there were no highfives or chest bumps. I walked modestly up the stairs to the JMZ platform knowing I had done by deed as the unsung hero of the backfield. To fullbacks everywhere--your duties do not go unnoticed, we salute you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home